I've made the final three of the Bloggers for Peer-Reviewed Research Reporting (BPR3) icon contest!! You can vote for mine at the by clicking here. Here are the top 3 contenders:
So march to polls and vote for my icon design submission! What is at stake you ask?
In addition to the admiration and respect of the entire academic blogosphere, the winning entrant will earn
- A free subscription to Seed Magazine, a ScienceBlogs coffee mug, and a copy of Natalie Angier’s The Canon (courtesy of Seed Media Group)
- A subscription to the journal Nature (courtesy of the Nature Publishing Group)
- A PLoS coffee mug and PLoS ONE T-shirt (courtesy of Public Library of Science [they’d offer a subscription but there’s already no subscription fee for all PLoS journals])
- A 1GB USB data key and a travel mug courtesy of BioMed Central.
- A subscription to the CAB Abstracts bibliographic database courtesy of CABI.
A scientist blogger's wet dream! Come on and support your local welfare blogger who never wins anything in life. Place a vote for me and make poor grad student's dreams come true. [insert puppy dog face here]
For more background on BPR3, the icon submission contest, all the other icon entries.
*Contest closes on Monday Sept. 24th. Get out the vote!*
**If you vote for me, please leave a comment here saying you did and tell me what invertebrate you would me to do an article on. If I win, I will write personalized articles on this blog for each commenter's favorite Invert (extinct or extant)!**